MineOpportunity: The Automotive and Mobility Edition is a FREE 1-day long competition where teams of 4-5 students in grades 9-12 work together to become the “wealthiest” team by successfully answering questions, completing challenges, and activities about the many different aspects of skills, knowledge and careers that can lead to working in the Automotive & Mobility Industry in Ontario. These aspects include: mining technology, engineering, geosciences, the environment, corporate social responsibility, careers, and general information about the automotive and mobility industry.
- English: June 7th, 2023
- French: June 8th, 2023
- Junior Teams: Grades 9-10
- Senior Teams: Grades 11-12
- 10:00am-10:15am – Welcome and Program Launch
- 10:15am-10:30am – MineOpportunity Rules and Game Board assignments
- 10:30am-11:45pm – MineOpportunity Game
- 11:45am-12:00pm – Students Grab their lunch
- 12:00pm-12:30pm – Ask a Scientist – Epiroc Theatre
- 12:30pm-1:30pm – MineOpportunity Game continued
- 1:30pm-1:45pm – Tallying of winners
- 1:45pm-2:00pm – Closing and Winning teams announcement
How to Apply/Register a team(s)?
Fill out the application form below before May 31st
For questions about the MineOpportunity Games: Automobile & Mobility Edition, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I register more than one team/school?
Yes, we will accept up to 2 Jr + 2 Sr teams/school. If you are interested in registering more teams, please contact us and you will be placed on a waiting list.
Does an adult have to be present during the day of the game?
Yes, a teacher or a parent is required to accompany the students from each school.
What does the teacher/parent do while the students are playing the game?
Teachers/parents can visit the galleries while the students are playing. Tables are also available in the facility.
Is there Free WIFI available at Dynamic Earth?