A Three-Day Introduction Course for Project Management
March 23-25, 2020
This course is designed to give new project managers and project team members an overview of the various tools and techniques of project management and the key elements needed to deliver successful projects. This course covers the complete project lifecycle from initiating, through project planning and execution, to project close-out. 21 PDUs.
This course will count towards obtaining a Goodman School of Mines Project Management Certificate. See below for more details.
Procept is the service provider for all of our Project Management courses at Laurentian University.
You can see a full course outline on their website.
- Course Information
- Course Facilitator
- Canada-Ontario Job Grant
- GSM Project Management Certificate
- Contact Us
- Cancellation Policy
Participants will gain practical skills to:
- Use the terminology and processes of modern project management
- Prepare a complete and accurate project plan for your project
- Facilitate team discussions to learn from the PM experiences of others
- Practice PM skills using templates
- Value the benefits of a consistent PM methodology
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The Project Management Essentials course is appropriate for individuals who are:
- Responsible for managing smaller projects.
- Participants on a project team of any size, especially those who have not yet been exposed to the tools, techniques and terminology of formal project management.
There is no prerequisite for this course. It functions as a stand-alone course.
You will receive a course binder containing copies of presentation slides, case studies, exercises, and suggested solutions.
Ori Schibi MBA, PMP, PMI-PBA, Cert.APM, SMC, PMI-ACP
Ori Schibi has 27 years’ experience providing practical new ways of managing projects and programs and effectively dealing with challenges around organizational change, strategy, business analysis and PMOs. His experience includes driving process efficiencies, software implementations, project recoveries, project management skills assessments and complex programs that stabilize business, create growth and value and lead sustainable change.
Ori’s track record is one of value-creation and excellence and he consistently delivers success in his consulting engagements. As an instructor, Ori brings his wealth of experience to class and his delivery style includes real-life, practical examples – that are easy to relate to and to understand; an appropriate sense of humour, and a unique ability to connect with his class participants to maximize the value of their learning. Ori’s clarity and easy-going ability to share his knowledge helps participants apply the learning in their environments; leading to customers repeatedly asking for his services and expertise.
1. Cancellation 4 weeks prior to a course is a full refund less a $100 penalty for processing or held on credit (no fee) for another course offering and can be used by anyone in the company/ organization for 1 year.
2. Cancellation within 4 weeks of the course – 50% penalty or held on credit (no fee) for another course offering and can be used by anyone in the company/ organization for 1 year.
3. Cancellation within 1 week of course – 100% penalty or held on credit (no fee) for another course offering and can be used by anyone in the company/ organization for 1 year.
Extenuating circumstances will be reviewed on a case by case basis.