April 27 – May 1, 2020
This 5-day course is an intense review of exam material. At the beginning of each module, there is a practice pre-test before the presentation of the course material which is followed by realistic, challenging, multiple-choice questions. This course is aligned with the PMBOK 6th Edition and includes access to an online exam simulator. For participants preparing for the CAPM Exam, questions for the CAPM Exam will be distributed during class.
This course is an elective that can be used towards obtaining a Goodman School of Mines Project Management Certificate. Click here to learn more.
*10% discount for Laurentian Alumni and PMI-NOC members on regular rate only. Please contact Denyse Leroy at DLeroy@laurentian.ca or 705-675-1151 x7222 to obtain your discount code.
**Cancellation policy can be seen below.
- Course Information
- Course Facilitator
- Canada-Ontario Job Grant
- GSM Project Management Certificate
- Contact Us
- Cancellation Policy
Participants will gain practical skills to:
- Identify the “correct” answer to a majority of multiple choice questions similar to the PMP® and CAPM® exams
- Remember formulas and concepts through application to real-life scenarios instead of memorization.
- Utilize “tips and tricks” to write PMP exam with more confidence.
- Identify which knowledge areas may need further home study
- Be aware of the PMP and CAPM qualification process
- Further your knowledge of generally accepted project management practices
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The PMP Exam Preparation course is appropriate for individuals who have had previous PM training and are already familiar with project management processes. For most exam candidates, we recommend that you take our longer 6-day The Comprehensive Project Management Seminar. However, this shorter course is appropriate if you are already somewhat or largely prepared for the exam.
- A PDF study guide to help you read through the PMBOK Guide in advance of attending the course will be provided via email
- Course workbook
- Farndale’s PMP® and CAPM® Preparation Guide with 299 sample questions
- Our own PMP Exam Simulator
Peter Monkhouse, BSc, MBA, PMP, PEng
Mr. Monkhouse’s career is built on over 35 years of project and leadership experience. Throughout his career, he has actively led projects and project managers in the areas of education, consulting, engineering, information technology, health, and organizational change for multinational organizations. In a recent role, Mr. Monkhouse successfully coached, mentored and worked with project managers across six continents.
Over the past 16 years, Peter has taught over 3,000 students in Project Management in a variety of formats including classroom, online, and intensive formats. Students in his classes come from a wide variety of industries, including financial, healthcare, government, non-profit, services, end entertainment. Mr. Monkhouse’s vast industry experience allows him to use examples to bring project management to life for all his students.
1. Cancellation 4 weeks prior to a course is a full refund less a $100 penalty for processing or held on credit (no fee) for another course offering and can be used by anyone in the company/ organization for 1 year.
2. Cancellation within 4 weeks of the course – 50% penalty or held on credit (no fee) for another course offering and can be used by anyone in the company/ organization for 1 year.
3. Cancellation within 1 week of course – 100% penalty or held on credit (no fee) for another course offering and can be used by anyone in the company/ organization for 1 year.
Extenuating circumstances will be reviewed on a case by case basis.