December 12-13, 2019
This 2-day course explores quantitative and qualitative techniques to identify and analyze project risk factors (risk event, event probability, and event impact). A variety of risk response choices are discussed, and risk identification and risk response are practiced in workshop groups. Quantitative techniques are applied to problems but don’t worry, advanced mathematics is not used!
This course is an elective that can be used towards obtaining a Goodman School of Mines Project Management Certificate. Click here to learn more.
Project Management Essentials – March 23 – 25, 2020
Project Procurement & Contract Management - March 26, 2020
Introduction to Agile Project Management – March 27, 2020
PMP®/CAPM® Exam Preparation – April 27 – May 1, 2020
The full course outline is available on Procept’s website.
*10% discount for Laurentian Alumni and PMI-NOC members on regular rate only. Please contact Denyse Leroy at DLeroy@laurentian.ca or 705-675-1151 x7222 to obtain your discount code.
**Cancellation policy can be seen below.
- Course Information
- Course Facilitator
- Canada-Ontario Job Grant
- GSM Project Management Certificate
- Contact Us
- Cancellation Policy
Participants will gain practical skills to:
- Apply a common framework of project risk management of the Project Management Institute.
- Value the importance of including risk management in project planning and execution.
- Facilitate team discussions to identify project risks and opportunities, and formulate risk responses.
- Use expected monetary value.
- Describe other techniques such as decision trees, Delphi method, and Monte Carlo simulation, and when they are applicable.
- Analyze risks and select response strategies appropriate to priorities and organization risk tolerances.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The Managing Project Risk course is appropriate for individuals who are:
- Project Managers and team members who already work in a well established project management environment but wish to improve their project risk management processes.
- Members of a project team looking to “jump-start” their risk management on a new and risky project.
- 3-day Project Management Essentials (or its equivalent).
You will receive a course binder containing copies of presentation slides, case studies, exercises, and suggested solutions.
Peter Monkhouse, BSc, MBA, PMP, PEng
Mr. Monkhouse’s career is built on over 35 years of project and leadership experience. Throughout his career, he has actively led projects and project managers in the areas of education, consulting, engineering, information technology, health, and organizational change for multinational organizations. In a recent role, Mr. Monkhouse successfully coached, mentored and worked with project managers across six continents.
Over the past 16 years, Peter has taught over 3,000 students in Project Management in a variety of formats including classroom, online, and intensive formats. Students in his classes come from a wide variety of industries, including financial, healthcare, government, non-profit, services, end entertainment. Mr. Monkhouse’s vast industry experience allows him to use examples to bring project management to life for all his students.
1. Cancellation 4 weeks prior to a course is a full refund less a $100 penalty for processing or held on credit (no fee) for another course offering and can be used by anyone in the company/ organization for 1 year.
2. Cancellation within 4 weeks of the course – 50% penalty or held on credit (no fee) for another course offering and can be used by anyone in the company/ organization for 1 year.
3. Cancellation within 1 week of course – 100% penalty or held on credit (no fee) for another course offering and can be used by anyone in the company/ organization for 1 year.
Extenuating circumstances will be reviewed on a case by case basis.