A Three-Day Introduction Course for Project Management
December 9-11, 2019
This course is designed to give new project managers and project team members an overview of the various tools and techniques of project management and the key elements needed to deliver successful projects. This course covers the complete project lifecycle from initiating, through project planning and execution, to project close-out. 21 PDUs.
This course will count towards obtaining a Goodman School of Mines Project Management Certificate. See below for more details.
Procept is the service provider for all of our Project Management courses at Laurentian University.
You can see a full course outline on their website.
- Course Information
- Course Facilitator
- Canada-Ontario Job Grant
- GSM Project Management Certificate
- Contact Us
- Cancellation Policy
Participants will gain practical skills to:
- Use the terminology and processes of modern project management
- Prepare a complete and accurate project plan for your project
- Facilitate team discussions to learn from the PM experiences of others
- Practice PM skills using templates
- Value the benefits of a consistent PM methodology
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The Project Management Essentials course is appropriate for individuals who are:
- Responsible for managing smaller projects.
- Participants on a project team of any size, especially those who have not yet been exposed to the tools, techniques and terminology of formal project management.
There is no prerequisite for this course. It functions as a stand-alone course.
You will receive a course binder containing copies of presentation slides, case studies, exercises, and suggested solutions.
Peter Monkhouse, BSc, MBA, PMP, PEng
Mr. Monkhouse’s career is built on over 35 years of project and leadership experience. Throughout his career, he has actively led projects and project managers in the areas of education, consulting, engineering, information technology, health, and organizational change for multinational organizations. In a recent role, Mr. Monkhouse successfully coached, mentored and worked with project managers across six continents.
Over the past 16 years, Peter has taught over 3,000 students in Project Management in a variety of formats including classroom, online, and intensive formats. Students in his classes come from a wide variety of industries, including financial, healthcare, government, non-profit, services, end entertainment. Mr. Monkhouse’s vast industry experience allows him to use examples to bring project management to life for all his students.
1. Cancellation 4 weeks prior to a course is a full refund less a $100 penalty for processing or held on credit (no fee) for another course offering and can be used by anyone in the company/ organization for 1 year.
2. Cancellation within 4 weeks of the course – 50% penalty or held on credit (no fee) for another course offering and can be used by anyone in the company/ organization for 1 year.
3. Cancellation within 1 week of course – 100% penalty or held on credit (no fee) for another course offering and can be used by anyone in the company/ organization for 1 year.
Extenuating circumstances will be reviewed on a case by case basis.