March 26, 2020
Procurement management, and especially contract administration, has become essential project management skills in today’s trend of outsourcing all but the company’s core competencies.
We will guide you through procurement practices, solicitation of bids, contract negotiations and provide a taste of contract law. This 1 or 2-day course will provide the basic tools required for project managers in these areas. It will also offer you an insight into the role of the procurement officer on a project team.
This course is an elective that can be used towards obtaining a Goodman School of Mines Project Management Certificate. Click here to learn more.
The full course outline is available on Procept’s website.
*10% discount for Laurentian Alumni and PMI-NOC members on regular rate only. Please contact Denyse Leroy at DLeroy@laurentian.ca or 705-675-1151 x7222 to obtain your discount code.
**Cancellation policy can be seen below.
- Course Information
- Course Facilitator
- Canada-Ontario Job Grant
- GSM Project Management Certificate
- Contact Us
- Cancellation Policy
Participants will gain practical skills to:
- Use proven techniques, tools and skills for managing contracting and procurement on projects
- Know how to plan and control procurement management scope of work
- Know how to effectively select procurement personnel for your project
- Understand and use the procurement management terminology
- Anticipate impact of procurement management upon other aspects of project management
- Make a plan for enhanced procurement management efforts for your project
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is suitable for individuals who are:
- Project Managers and team members who want to improve their procurement management skills and increase their understanding of roles and responsibilities of procurement on a project.
- Purchasing professionals who want to make a transition into a project environment.
It is recommended that participants take a project management fundamentals course (such as our 3-day Project Management Essentials) before taking this course.
You will receive a course binder containing copies of presentation slides, case studies, exercises, and suggested solutions.
Ori Schibi, MBA, PMP, PMI-PBA, Cert.APM, SMC, PMI-ACP
Ori Schibi has 27 years’ experience providing practical new ways of managing projects and programs and effectively dealing with challenges around organizational change, strategy, business analysis and PMOs. His experience includes driving process efficiencies, software implementations, project recoveries, project management skills assessments and complex programs that stabilize business, create growth and value and lead sustainable change.
Ori’s track record is one of value-creation and excellence and he consistently delivers success in his consulting engagements. As an instructor, Ori brings his wealth of experience to class and his delivery style includes real-life, practical examples – that are easy to relate to and to understand; an appropriate sense of humour, and a unique ability to connect with his class participants to maximize the value of their learning. Ori’s clarity and easy-going ability to share his knowledge helps participants apply the learning in their environments; leading to customers repeatedly asking for his services and expertise.
- Cancellation 4 weeks prior to a course is a full refund less a $100 penalty for processing or held on credit (no fee) for another course offering and can be used by anyone in the company/ organization for 1 year.
- Cancellation within 4 weeks of the course – 50% penalty or held on credit (no fee) for another course offering and can be used by anyone in the company/ organization for 1 year.
- Cancellation within 1 week of course – 100% penalty or held on credit (no fee) for another course offering and can be used by anyone in the company/ organization for 1 year.
Extenuating circumstances will be reviewed on a case by case basis.