This course is designed to provide participants with an understanding of the complexity of managing stakeholders and project communications. We will cover the processes, tools and techniques of Project Communications Management and Project Stakeholder Management as presented in the Project Management Institute’s A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge®
Participants will learn through application to a case study and hands-on exercises. 7 PDUs.
This course is an elective that can be used towards obtaining a Goodman School of Mines Project Management Certificate. Click here to learn more.
Upcoming Online Course
*10% discount for Laurentian Alumni and PMI-NOC members on regular rate only. Please contact Denyse Leroy at DLeroy@laurentian.ca or 705-675-1151 x7222 to obtain your discount code.
**Cancellation policy can be seen below.
- Course Information
- Course Facilitator
- Canada-Ontario Job Grant
- Windmill Microloans for Skilled Immigrants
- GSM Project Management Certificate
- Contact Us
- Cancellation Policy
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Use the terminology and processes of stakeholder and communications management
- Prepare a project or program communications management plan
- Use the tools of stakeholder analysis
- Learn tools and develop strategies for managing and monitoring stakeholder engagement
- Learn tools and develop strategies for managing project communications
- Articulate the benefits of a proactive approach to project communication and stakeholder management
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is ideal for those responsible for managing projects, programs and portfolios; project team leads; and managers whose resources are allocated to projects or who support project work.
There is no prerequisite for this course. It functions as a stand-alone course.
Participants receive a workbook with copies of the course slides and case study materials.
Affordable Loans for Skilled Immigrants
Achieve career success in Canada with Windmill Microloans. Receive up to $15,000 to cover costs related to achieving career goals (education and training programs, exam fees, course supplies, and more). Low-income applicants are welcome and no Canadian credit history is required. To be eligible for a Windmill loan, you must be internationally trained with status as a Permanent Resident, Provincial Nominee, Canadian Citizen, Protected Person, or Convention Refugee.
EARN A CERTIFICATE
By completing 10 days of Project Management Training at Laurentian University you can earn a Project Management Certificate.
By completing the Laurentian University Project Management Certificate you will have acquired enough PDU’s (Professional Development Units) to write your PMP Exam with the Project Management Institute and acquire your PMP accreditation. There are also 4 different certificate bundles available that you can choose from.
1. Cancellation 4 weeks prior to a course is a full refund less a $100 penalty for processing or held on credit (no fee) for another course offering and can be used by anyone in the company/ organization for 1 year.
2. Cancellation within 4 weeks of the course – 50% penalty or held on credit (no fee) for another course offering and can be used by anyone in the company/ organization for 1 year.
3. Cancellation within 1 week of course – 100% penalty or held on credit (no fee) for another course offering and can be used by anyone in the company/ organization for 1 year.
Extenuating circumstances will be reviewed on a case by case basis.